HUTCH HINT: Kitchen Sink Storage

It seems to me that no matter how much space you have in your home you always could use a bit more! To be honest, I am a bit of an organizational nut. I like a place for everything and everything in its place. In fact, my home is a pretty good reflection of my life... Which means if my home is out of sorts, chances are, my life is unseasonably chaotic. I thrive best in an organized, well managed home, and feel it simplifies life when people know where they can expect to find something and where to put it back! That being said, the storage underneath my kitchen sink has been the bane of my existence for a number of years! We live in the country so in our cabinet you will find: a burn barrel for trash, a composting bin, and all of the various paraphernalia that usually lurks under the kitchen sink. I'm not sure where I came across this idea, because I'd love to give credit where credit is due, but a while back I heard someone mention the idea of using a tension rod as a means of "suspending" items and freeing up valuable space. In no time at all I had implemented this marvelous idea and haven't looked back since!  Tension rods can be found in the curtain rod section of your local grocery store (Wal-Mart for me). I stopped by Tractor Supply for a galvanized steel bucket to house various odds and ends and next thing I knew I had an under sink storage that actually works for me! My boys are responsible for spraying and wiping down the counters after every meal so a clean rag and all-purpose spray hang readily on the tension rod. I keep the majority of my cleaning supplies above my washer and dryer, but you could definitely house more spray bottles if you needed! Easy, inexpensive, and organized, my kind of project!

haley for the hutch crew


Comments

Popular Posts